Terms Of Service
The original version of these Terms of Service (and any other terms, policies, or guidelines that we provide to you) are written in English. To the extent any translated version of these Terms of Service (or any other terms, policies, or guidelines that we provide to you) conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Our Services and these Terms are compliant with the Indian Penal Code, 1860, and Information Technology Act, 2000, including all amendments made to it and rules framed under it. We do not represent that we are compliant with laws of any country apart from the Republic of India. If you wish to use our Services, please ensure that you are permitted to do so, in your jurisdiction.
Access to the Services
- You may use our Services only if you are capable of forming a binding agreement with us and are legally permitted to use our Services. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a business, company, organization, government or any legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. The terms "you" and "your" includes you and that business, company, organization, government or any legal entity.
- Without advance notice and at any time, Wowfie may, for violations of these Terms or for any other reason Wowfie chooses: (1) suspend your access to the Services, (2) suspend or terminate your Account and/or (3) remove any of your User Content from the Services.
- Wowfie reserves the right to monitor the Services, and your use of the Services, means you agree to such monitoring. At the same time, Wowfie do not guarantee to monitor the use of Services at all. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review, or edit any content posted by you and other users on the Services (including User Content).
- You will comply with the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other law for the time being in force in India and all other local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations of the country of which you are a citizen and/or country in which you are accessing Wowfie, while creating, uploading, submitting, sharing, posting or transmitting any User Content including but not limited to photos, videos, text, comments or other content and activities.
- Wowfie may share your information with appropriate law enforcement authorities if we have good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to share your personal data or information in order to comply with any legal obligation or any government request; or to protect the rights or prevent any harm to our property or safety, our customers, or public; or to detect, prevent or otherwise address public safety, fraud, security or technical issues. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to our Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.You understand however, that we cannot be held responsible for any actions done by or to you by a third party or user by way of using our Services. You agree and acknowledge that you shall not hold Wowfie responsible and/or liable for the same.
Access to the Services
- Our Services are designed and supported for personal use only. You may not use the Services to break the law, violate an individual's privacy, or infringe any person or entity’s intellectual property or any other proprietary rights.
- Our Services are intended to be a place for your entertainment. Wowfie is not responsible for any decisions you make based on something you read and/or view on the Services.
- Our Services are available in regional languages and we strive to give you personalized content, so you will have a better user experience.
- Our Services allows users, including (but not limited to) official accounts such as celebrities, media houses, personalities, portals, horoscope providers, etc to open accounts, follow each other including for receiving feed from such other user’s account, exploring content by category or tag, create/upload/submit/share/post/transmit content including text posts, images, videos, gifs etc using tools available on the Services.
- You agree and acknowledge that as a condition of using the Services, you may be prompted with various options, including (but not limited), by way to example such as to follow a particular user, to share feedback, to participate in contests, etc.
- Our Services are not intended to be a marketplace for any goods or services. For this reason, any transactions you undertake are your responsibility alone, so be careful. We will not be liable for or responsible for the consequences of any transactions made or entered into by you with other users of the Services.
- You may not use the Services, without our express written consent, for any commercial or unauthorized purpose, including communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation or spamming.
- You may not use the Services to conduct transactions for any illegal goods or services. You will not use the Services to do anything unlawful, illegal, malicious or misleading.
- You will not use the Services for any illegal activities. You will not use any code language or deceptive language that will lead to suspicion. In case Wowfie feels that a language is deceptive or coded, or that you are involved in illegal activities, or likewise, Wowfie shall at its sole discretion, intimate to the Cyber Crime Department or other teams of the relevant State police.
- You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. Most content you submit, post, or display through the Services is public by default and will be able to be viewed by other users and through third party services and websites. You should only provide content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
- You must not attempt to restrict another user from using or enjoying the Services and you must also not encourage or facilitate violations of these Terms.
- You will not create or submit unsolicited email, comments, or other forms of commercial or harassing communications or spams to any users, or manipulate content on the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that when you view any content provided on the Services, you are doing so at your own risk. The content on our Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Services. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, authenticity, genuineness, legality or reliability of any content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Where our Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. All content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such content. Under no circumstances will Wowfie be liable in any way for any content.
- To use our Services, you may need to download the Platform, available as mobile application to your mobile device and update it from time to time. The Services can also be accessed via website, web app, etc. Our Platform is a freely accessible and usable platform currently.
- Our Services are dynamic and we may add, modify, or remove existing or new features and functionalities without any notice. Under no circumstances will Wowfie be liable in any way for any changes.
- We have implemented measures to ensure that our Services are secure. However, there is no guarantee that our Services are immune to hacking and virus attacks. You will ensure that you have updated anti-malware and anti-virus software on your mobile device and computer to ensure its safety.
- You agree that your use of the Services may include communication from Wowfie via notifications through the Services or via electronic documents including emails and/or SMS. Our communications to you may include communication that would inform users about various features of our services. Wowfie may also send you promotional information unless you have opted out of receiving such information. We may need to provide you with certain communications/notifications, such as content notifications, activities notifications, service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Services and your Account, and you may not be able to opt-out from receiving them. You may receive notifications whether you have created a user account or not. If you added your phone number to your Account and you later change or deactivate that phone number, you must update your Account information to help prevent us from communicating with anyone who acquires your old number. We may allow you and third parties, to communicate with each other using the Services and as part of the communication you may receive notifications from the Services.
- Wowfie may in future charge a fee or charges, for registration on the Services as users especially for maintaining an official account, for availing services provided by Wowfie through the Services, or for any other reason. Currently, Wowfie does not levy any charges/fees for registration, access or maintaining an account on the Services. Wowfie reserves the right to introduce new services including any premium or paid services or modify or discontinue any existing services provided on the Services. Changes to these Terms or any of the Policies of Wowfie shall be published on the Platform and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are published on the Platform. You are requested to visit the Terms and various Policies links on the Platform often to keep yourself updated of any amendments.
- In order to use the Services, you need to be 13 (thirteen) years of age or older. Wowfie shall not be liable in case of false information being given about the age and other account information by the user and the user and/or his natural or appointed guardian alone shall be liable for the consequences as per the law of the country to which the user belongs and as per applicable Indian law. If you are a minor, your natural or appointed guardian hereby acknowledges and agrees that (i) you have been permitted to browse or sign up and use the Services (ii) your parent / guardian is responsible for monitoring and supervising your use of the Services. Wowfie disclaims all liability arising out of any such unauthorized use of the Services and any third-party liability arising out of your use of the Services if you are a minor.
- To use or access some of our Services, you must create an account (an “Account”) that includes a username and password. You may need to use your credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third-party online platform to access Wowfie. You must maintain the security of your third party account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. By connecting to Wowfie with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service. You can also browse some of our Services without logging in or creating an account.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, up to date and full information while signing up on our Services or for any other purpose when prompted or requested to do so on the Services.
- You are solely responsible for the information associated with your Account and anything that happens related to your Account.
- You will not create more than one account for yourself.
- You will create an account only for yourself and will not falsely represent yourself as another person or representative of another person to use our Services.
- You will not create another account if we have already disabled your Account, unless you have our written permission to do so.
- You will not log in or attempt to access the Services through unauthorized third-party applications or clients.
- You will not share your password.
- You will not impersonate another person or provide false information. Wowfie disclaims all liability arising out of such impersonation.
- You will not create an account if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials and/or personal information of other Wowfie users.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining secrecy and confidentiality of your login details including your username, password and Account, as well as for other account settings and privacy settings. You will neither allow anyone else to use your Account nor allow anything that might jeopardize the security of your Account. You agree and acknowledge that Wowfie will grant access to any person who has obtained your username, password and Account details in the same manner as it would have granted access to you and you shall be responsible for all activities conducted under your username, password and any Account details. You shall be responsible for all usage of the user’s account and password, whether or not authorized by the user.
- You agree that if in the event your password is hacked and/or leaked and/or if your password is disclosed to anyone else, Wowfie shall not be liable in that case. For the safety of your account information, Wowfie advises you to change your password frequently. In case you access Wowfie through a cyber cafe or a public computer, Wowfie advises you to always sign out and change your password immediately as the same may get hacked or leaked out.
- You shall immediately notify Wowfie of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or password. Although Wowfie, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers and agents and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, successors, advisors and assigns shall not be responsible in any manner for any Losses occurring from any breach of secrecy of your username, password, Account details or any unauthorized use of your Account, you may be liable for the losses of the Company or such other parties as the case may be, due to any unauthorized use of your Account.
- You agree that the sole purpose of registering on or simply browsing the Services is to be a user of the Services being provided by Wowfie, and you shall not use the Services in any manner for any other purpose other than as mentioned in these Terms and for purposes which are not permitted under the applicable Law.
- In the event you wish to separately verify your Account as a verified personality/celebrity account, so as to market and or receive additional services over and above the Services as mentioned in these Terms, please feel free to contact Wowfie using this Contact Us form.
- You may not license, transfer, sell, rent, lease or assign your Account without our written approval.
- You are responsible for all mobile charges, carrier data plan and other fees and taxes associated with your use of our Services, including text-messaging and data charges. If you’re unsure what those charges may be, you should ask your service provider before using the service. We may charge you for our Services, including applicable taxes. We do not provide refunds for our Services, except as required by law.
- Upon signing up on our Services, you agree and allow Wowfie to get access of your contact list and/or address book on your mobile device to find and keep track of mobile phone numbers of other users of the Services, your location, short messaging texts, calls, usage of camera, contents on your SD card, inbuilt storage or other storage on your mobile device, access to internet, control vibration, accounts on your mobile device and such other data or information downloaded, added, edited, stored, processed, used, deleted etc. on or from your mobile device.
- If you choose not to use any of our services, you may do so by unsubscribing such service or by deleting or deactivating your Account.
- The Platform content
- As between you and Wowfie, all content, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music on and “look and feel” of the Services, and all intellectual property rights related thereto (the “Platform Content”), are either owned or licensed by Wowfie, it being understood that you or your licensors will own any User Content (as defined below) you create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit through the Services. The Platform Content is protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and other proprietary rights of the Republic of India and other foreign countries.
- Wowfie grants you personal, worldwide, limited, non-exclusive, revocable, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-assignable license to access and use our Services, including to download the Platform on a permitted device, and to access the Platform Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use through your use of the Services and solely in compliance with these Terms. Wowfie reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Services and the Platform Content. You acknowledge and agree that Wowfie may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason. Additionally, upon termination of your Account, all licenses and other rights granted to you in these Terms will immediately cease. Wowfie grants you the right to access the Platform Content in the manner described in these Terms. You may not otherwise make unauthorized commercial use of, access, adapt, reproduce, alter, modify, copy, download, prepare derivative works, transmit, broadcast, sell, distribute copies, license, sublicense, transfer, perform, publicly display, or otherwise exploit for any purpose the Platform Content, except as permitted by the doctrine of fair use or as authorized in writing by Wowfie. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Platform and/or Services. You will not sell, resell, rent, or charge for our Services.
- In consideration of providing you the Services, you agree that we and our partners may place advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others. You acknowledge and agree that we may generate revenues, increase goodwill or otherwise increase our value from your use of the Services, including, by way of example and not limitation, through the sale of advertising, sponsorships, promotions, usage data and Gifts, and except as specifically permitted by us in these Terms or in another agreement you enter into with us, you will have no right to share in any such revenue, goodwill or value whatsoever. You further acknowledge that, except as specifically permitted by us in these Terms or in another agreement you enter into with us, you (i) have no right to receive any income or other consideration from any User Content made available to you on or through the Services, including in any User Content created by you, and (ii) are prohibited from exercising any rights to monetize or obtain consideration from any User Content within the Services or on any third party service ( e.g. , you cannot claim User Content that has been uploaded to a social media platform such as YouTube for monetization).
- Pursuant to this, we may share your username and gender, and any data that we may collect relating to your usage habits and patterns on our Services to show you any sponsored content or advertisements. We will not, however, be liable to pay you any revenue share if you purchase any products advertised to you. We do not endorse any products or vouch for the authenticity of the products. Merely advertising of products by the users on our Services does not amount to an endorsement by us.
- Your content
- Users of the Services may be permitted to create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit content, including photographs, images, videos, music, status updates, links, comments, and other content ("User Content") on or through our Services. You retain the rights to your content or information that you create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit through the Services and are solely responsible for the same. You agree and acknowledge that Wowfie claims no ownership or control over any User Content created, uploaded, submitted, shared, posted, displayed or transmitted by you.
- Certain Services may include the ability for you to use, overlay, or add graphics, stickers, video, music, and other elements provided by Wowfie or, third party licensed, onto the User Content and transmit this User Content through the Services.
- Our Services caters to multiple languages and cultures, as well as a diverse range of content. To this effect, we have developed various categories and tags to classify the nature of the content. You must therefore, correctly identify the nature of the content shared by you and tag it appropriately.
- By creating, uploading, submitting, sharing, posting or transmitting User Content to the Services, you grant Wowfie a royalty-free, unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, fully transferable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to host, use, store, reproduce, repost, communicate, publish, modify, delete, create derivative works, transmit, distribute, copy, run, translate, perform, or publicly display your User Content in any format and on/through any and all medium/platform/channels (now known or later developed) and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others on Wowfie's behalf to do so. When you post your content through the Services, you agree, warrant and represent that you own that content or otherwise control all of the rights of the content or you have received permission from the owner of any part of the content submitted to the Services and that it is accurate and that it does not violate these Terms or any law for time being in force in India and/or elsewhere and that it will not cause any inquiry to any person/s or entity. You may delete your content and/or Account at any point. However, your content may continue to appear on the Services if it has been shared with others.
- To the extent it’s necessary, you also grant Wowfie the unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual right and license to use your name, username, image, profile picture, likeness, and voice in any and all media and distribution channels (now known or later developed) in connection with any content you create, upload, submit, share, post, send or appear in. This means, among other things, that you will not be entitled to any compensation from Wowfie if your name, username, image, profile picture, likeness, or voice is conveyed through the Services.
- By Using Wowfie, you agree that your User Content may be used for commercial purposes. You further acknowledge that our use of your User Content for commercial purposes will not result in any injury to you or to any person you authorized to act on your behalf. You hereby irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- We, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish, your content at our or their sole discretion. We have the right to remove, disallow, block or delete any posting you make on our Services if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with these Terms.
- You also give permission to Wowfie to store details, activities and records of your usage of the Services indefinitely. However, this does not constitute any obligation on the part of Wowfie or the Services to do so.
- While we’re not required to do so, we may access, review, screen, and delete your content at any time and for any reason, including if we think your content violates these Terms.
- You alone remain solely responsible for the content you create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit on/via our Services. We do not endorse and are not responsible for any content shared or posted on or through our Services, and for the consequence of such sharing or posting. The presence of our logo or any trademark on any content shared by you does not mean that we have endorsed or sponsored your content.
- Certain kind of content is not allowed on our Services. If such content comes to our attention, we may take it down. If you come across any content that violates these Terms, we encourage you to report it. The intent of the creator is important. We do not welcome creations/content that intends to bring discomfort, spread mischief or promote illegal activities.
- You agree and undertake not to create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit any content or information or item or links or services or choose any username or conduct any activity on/via the Services that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual, personal or proprietary right of any party;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful or illegal in any manner whatever;
- deceives or misleads the users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- links to any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of our Platform or the Services, or any system or computer from which our visitors and users access our Platform or Services;
- is (i) prohibited under these Terms or any other applicable Law including but not limited to the Indian Penal Code, 1860, Information Technology Act 2000 (or all applicable corresponding Laws) as amended time to time and rules there under. This includes all type of content, as well as direct or indirect links to any material;
- harms minors in any way;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of any nation, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any nation;
- is false, inaccurate or misleading; directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trade or attempts to trade in any item/service, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable Law;
- may give rise to liability on part of the Services or Wowfie or cause any hindrance (in whole or in part) with respect to the services of Internet Service Providers or other suppliers of the Services or Wowfie, including Internal Service Providers;
- you are not properly licensed or otherwise qualified to provide;
- in the sole judgment of Wowfie, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using the Services, or which may expose Wowfie, the Services or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- encourages or promotes any activity that violates these Terms
- You will not create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit nude, partially nude, violent, unlawful, defamatory, illegal, insulting, hateful, discriminatory, threatening, sextortion, revenge pornography, child pornography, or any form of pornography, bestiality, zoophilia, rape, gangrape, molestation, infringing, fake, abusive, self-harm, provocative obscene, offensive or sexually explicit/suggestive photos, videos, links or other content which may (including but not limited to) incite violence or disturb the peace and integrity of any country including India through the Services.
- You will not defame, bully, abuse, stalk, threaten, impersonate, harass or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Services, including, without limitation, your or any other person's financial information or identification numbers or copies that would lead to infringement or violation of other people’s rights or privacy or anything in violation of law.
- Your usage of our Services is governed by these Terms. If any of our users report your User Content and if it is against the Terms, we may remove such content from our Services. In the event that multiple reports are made regarding violation of the Terms, we may be compelled to terminate Your Account with us and block you from registering with us. If you wish to appeal any such removal, you may contact us using this Contact Us form
- Because of the social nature of content shared through our Services, when you post something publicly on or through our Services, others may choose to add descriptive commentary and/or to perform actions to your content and/or to Share your content, making your content part of a social conversation that cannot later be erased without retroactively censoring the speech of others and/or removing content from another user’s profile. As such, and in order to maintain the integrity of the Services, you agree that the rights that you have granted under the User Content, the license will continue to survive in perpetuity even if you stop using the Services or your Account is otherwise terminated.
- When you Share any Content through a third-party service that is integrated with the Wowfie Services (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter), you authorize Wowfie to deliver the Content (or a version that we’ve modified, as needed) to that third-party service. This means that the third-party service’s handling of your Content will be subject to its own agreement with you, for which we are not responsible.
- Upon termination of your Account or upon your deletion of any content from the Services, Wowfie shall make reasonable efforts to disassociate such content from your Account; however, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) caching of, copies of, or references to such content may not be immediately removed; (b) such removed content may persist in backups for a reasonable period of time in order to comply with certain legal obligations and may not be retrievable without a valid court order; and (c) such removed content may continue to be publicly available (and stored on our or third party servers) through the accounts of other users, if the same has been posted or shared by other users or are a part of a social conversation.
- You agree to take backups of all your User Content so that you can access and use it when needed. There may be times when the Services are interrupted for scheduled maintenance, upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment, or any other reason. Wowfie does not warrant that it takes backup of any account or User Content, and you agree to accept as a risk the loss of any and all of your User Content. In other words, Wowfie is not a backup service. Wowfie will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Services.
- We reserve the right to reclaim accounts on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those accounts.
- Our team is continually working to develop and evaluate our own product ideas and features. Additionally, we welcome feedback, comments, and suggestions from our users. If you choose to contribute by sending us or our employees any ideas for features, services, products, enhancements, content, promotions, or other materials (collectively "Feedback"), then regardless of what your accompanying communication may say, the following terms will apply, so that future misunderstandings can be avoided. Accordingly, by sending Feedback to us, you agree that:
- Wowfie has no obligation to review, consider, or implement your Feedback, or to return to you all or part of any Feedback for any reason;
- Feedback is provided on a non-confidential basis, and we are not under any obligation to keep any Feedback you send confidential or to refrain from using or disclosing it in any way; and
- You irrevocably grant us perpetual and unlimited permission to reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, modify, publicly perform, communicate to the public, make available, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit the Feedback and derivatives thereof for any purpose and without restriction, free of charge and without attribution of any kind, including by making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing, and promoting commercial products and services that incorporate or embody Feedback, whether in whole or in part, and whether as provided or as modified.
- As such, we always appreciate Feedback. We may use the same without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- Intermediary Status and No Liability
- We do not control what people do or say and are not responsible for their (or your) actions (whether online or offline). We are not responsible for services and features offered by others, even if you access them through our Services. Our responsibility for anything that happens on our Services is strictly governed by the laws of the Republic of India and is limited to that extent. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss of profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
- The Platform content
- The Platform content Wowfie shall run contests and/or promotional offers for its registered users only (“Contests”). On entering contests or participating in promotional offers available on the Services, you will be subject to the rules and/or terms and conditions that are separately applicable to such Contests. It is critical that you read the applicable rules and/or or terms and conditions, which are linked to the Contests. To the extent of any conflict between those rules and/or terms and conditions and these Terms, the rules and/or terms and conditions for the Contests offered will govern, but only to the extent of the conflict. Any Contests made available or advertised on third party sites accessible from the Services (such as those of social media partners like Facebook and Twitter), in addition to being subject to the specific rules and/or terms and conditions applicable to your participation in such feature(s) on the Services, will also be subject to the rules and/or terms and conditions applicable to your participation in such feature(s) on those third party
- Wowfie takes no responsibility for any user content, Wowfie does not expressly or implicitly endorse, and Wowfie does not assume any liability for any user content submitted by you or any other user to the Services.
Third Party Links
- You may not post any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that Wowfie deem to be junk or spam. Cluttering our Services with this sort of content reduces the quality of the Services experience for others.
Disruption of Services
- You agree not to interrupt the Services, or use non-public areas of our Platform, Services, and our technical delivery system. You will not introduce any trojans, viruses, bugs, any other malicious software or code, any bots onto the Services or scrape our Services. You will not make it difficult for anyone else to use the Services due to your actions, or assist anyone in misusing the Services in any way.
- You agree not to scan, probe or test the vulnerability of any system, security or authentication measures implemented by us. If you tamper or attempt to tamper with our technological design and architecture, we may terminate your account. We may further report such actions to the appropriate law enforcement authorities and proceed against you with legal actions.
- Wowfie supports the responsible reporting of security vulnerabilities. To report a the Services security issue, please send an email using this Contact Us form.
Children and the Services
- Our Services are not directed at people under the age of 13, and the Services does not knowingly collect any personal information from such people.
- Wowfie is not liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Services, or items advertised on the Services, by end users or any other third parties. Our policy is to comply with all Intellectual Property Laws and to act expeditiously upon receiving any notice of claimed infringement. Wowfie retains the right to remove user content on the Services that Wowfie deems to be infringing the copyright of others. If you become aware of user content on the Services that infringes your copyright rights, you may submit a properly formatted request to the Services by filling this Copyright Notice form.
- Misrepresentations of infringement can result in liability for monetary damages. You may want to consult an attorney before taking any action pursuant to Intellectual Property Laws.
- It is our policy to close the accounts of users identified as repeat infringers. Wowfie applies this policy at its discretion and in appropriate circumstances, such as when a user has repeatedly been charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
- All the things you do and all the information and/or content you submit, create, upload, share, post or transmit to/from the Services remain your responsibility. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Wowfie, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers and agents and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, successors, advisors and assigns from and against any and all loss, liability, claim, action, proceeding, suit, damage, cost, judgement, demand, or amounts paid in settlement and expenses (including without limitation attorneys' fees and disbursements) of any kind and nature arising out of: (i) your access to or use of the Services; (ii) any breach by you or any user of your Account of these Terms or arising out of a breach of your obligations, representation and warranties under these Terms; (iii) your violation of the rights of any third party, including without limitation any infringement of intellectual property or other proprietary right, or of any privacy or consumer protection right; (iv) any violation of law or contractual obligation and any claims, demands, notices pursuant to such violation; (v) your negligence or willful misconduct; (vi) Nature of the content and/or any activities posted or done by you or any user of your Account; (vii) any of the actions of the users of the Services. The indemnification obligation will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms or your use of the Services.
- You further agree to absolve Wowfie from and indemnify Wowfie against all claims that may arise as a result of any third party intellectual property right claim that may arise from you (or any user of your Account) creating, uploading, submitting, sharing, posting, downloading or transmitting of any content to/from the Services. You also agree to absolve Wowfie from and indemnify Wowfie against all claims that may arise as a result of any third party intellectual property claim if any user downloads, copies or otherwise utilizes any content (image, video, gif, text, etc) from the Service for his/her personal or commercial gain.
- In case you are younger than 18 years of age, your natural or appointed guardian shall be deemed to have undertaken the aforesaid indemnification obligation in favour of Wowfie.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- You specifically acknowledge and agree that your use of the Services shall be at your own risk and that the Services are provided "as is" and without warranty or representation of any kind. We make no warranty or representation that they always will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Wowfie, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers and agents and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, successors, advisors and assigns disclaim any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights, or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral or electronic. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they create, upload, submit, share, post or transmit (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content). You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or mobile device, loss of use, or loss of your User Content. Wowfie does not guarantee that the Services will always work properly. Wowfie assumes no liability arising out of any of the above.
- Wowfie is not responsible and does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any products or services or any information that may be advertised, sold, described, posted or otherwise communicated by users on the Services or contained on or available through the Services by links to other websites or otherwise including without limitation through posts or feeds which has been derived or aggregated from contents posted by other users. Wowfie shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between users. Wowfie assumes no liability arising out of any of the above.
- Wowfie does not make any representations or warranties as to the attributes (such as legal entitlement, creditworthiness, identity etc.) of any of its users. You are advised to use your best judgment and independently verify the bona fides of any particular user that you choose to follow or otherwise deal with on the Services.
- The foregoing disclaimer of representations and warranties shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law, and shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms or your use of the Services.
- Wowfie, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers and agents and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, successors, advisors and assigns will not be liable for any special, consequential, direct, indirect, remote, incidental, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages, whether in tort, contract, or any other legal theory, arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms or your use of or attempt to use the Services, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, or data or any indirect or consequential or other intangible losses arising (in any manner whatsoever).
- You agree to release Wowfie, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, third party service providers and agents and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, successors, advisors and assigns from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential), of every kind and nature, known and unknown, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to your use of the Services.
- The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law, and shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms or your use of the Services.
- Wowfie wants you to enjoy the Services, so if you have an issue or dispute, you agree to raise it and try to resolve it with Wowfie informally. You can contact Wowfie with feedback and concerns here or by emailing Wowfie using this Contact Us form..
- Any claim or dispute between you and us arising out of or relating to these Terms, in whole or in part, shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of India without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. Wowfie agrees and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Severability and Waiver
- If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent. If no such modification is possible, that provision will be severed from the rest of the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms, and the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- If Wowfie does not enforce any right or provision of these Terms, that is not to be deemed a waiver of Wowfie's right to do so in the future.
Entire Agreement and Amendments
- These Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and Wowfie concerning the Services. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, proposals, oral or written, understandings, representations, conditions, warranties, and all other communications between you and Wowfie. Wowfie may modify these Terms at any time.
- If Wowfie make changes to these Terms, Wowfie shall not be liable to give any prior notice to the users for any amendments to the Terms, which in the opinion of Wowfie, has the effect of diminishing the user’s existing rights or imposing additional obligations. You understand and hereby accept that the decision, whether any proposed amendments to the Terms and/or Policies have the effect of diminishing the user’s existing rights or imposing additional obligations on the user, shall be decided by Wowfie in its sole discretion. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of these Terms, which reflect the effective date of such Terms. Your continued access or use of the Services after the date of the new Terms constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms.
- Visit this page to see any changes that we may make and services that we may add or modify, from time to time.
In order to maintain a safe environment for users on Wowfie, we may suspend accounts that violate the Wowfie Terms & Policies. Users whose accounts have been terminated are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other Wowfie accounts.Reasons accounts are terminated:
Violations: Repeated violations of these Terms or Policies of Wowfie (such as abusive, hatred, harassment, impersonation, inappropriate, etc).
Spam: Most of the accounts are suspended because they are spammy, or just plain fake, and they introduce security risks for Wowfie and its users.
Account security at risk: If we suspect an account has been hacked or compromised, we may suspend it until it can be secured and restored to its real account owner in order to reduce potentially malicious activity caused by the compromise.
Other reason: Any other reason that Wowfie deems to be a reasonable reason enough to suspend the account.Unsuspend Account:
Unfortunately, sometimes a real person’s account gets suspended by mistake, and in those cases we’ll work with the person to make sure the account is unsuspended.
If you feel that your Account has been suspended in error you may appeal the suspension by Contacting Us.
If your Account was terminated due to claims of copyright infringement and you believe the copyright claims against your Account are improper or invalid, you may Contacting Us.
We’ll take a look and respond as soon as possible.
Open Source Disclosures
You can find disclosures related to our use of open source software packages at the following Page. Each item of open source software is subject to its own applicable license terms, which can be found at Open Source Policy
Last Updated: 19th October 2021