What We Collect and How We Use ItAccount Information:
To use or access some of our Services, you must create an account (an “Account”) that includes a username and password. You may need to use your credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third-party online platform (like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc) to access Wowfie. You must maintain the security of your third party account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. By connecting to Wowfie with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service. You can browse most of our Services without logging in or creating an account.Additionally, our customer service may contact and communicate with you, if necessary. We may use your email address to communicate with you, as described in more detail below.
We may use Account Information, alone or together with other information, to enhance and improve the Services, such as by personalization.
You can keep yourself fairly anonymous on the Services.Contact During Support:
We collect only your email, name, phone number and other details provided by you and that too, only when you decide to email our support team or developers for feedback/bug report/new features request, etc. The reason to collect that info is to solve bugs/improve our service & we may contact you via the provided email or phone number in relation to improving our service.Email Communications with Us:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us. Administrative communications relating to your Account are considered part of the Services and your Account, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving. We also may send you other kinds of emails, which you can opt-out of by using the “Opt-Out” link or via an alternate method as mentioned in the emails themselves or by sending us an opt-out request.Note that we will never email you to ask for your password or other Account Information; if you receive such an email, please forward it to us.
We send two kinds of email: ones about fun stuff happening on the Services, and ones with important information about your account. You can opt out of the former, but not the latter.Information about Your Account on Third Party Services:
You can link your Account to certain Third Party Services. In order to do so, you may provide us with your username or other user ID for a Third Party Services, and you may then be required to log into that Service. After you complete this login process, we will receive a token that allows us to access your account on that Third Party Services so that we can, for example, post your content to that Third Party Services when you ask us to. We do not receive or store your passwords for your Third Party Services accounts. Additionally, you may link your Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc account to the Services, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.Information Obtained from Third Party Services:
In some cases, we partner with Third Party Services that may provide information about you. Such information could include, for example, your gender, if you have disclosed that information to that Third Party Services and made it available for the Services to access. To the extent we obtain such information, we may use it to develop new Services or to improve or enhance the Services. When you connect other Third Party Services to your Account, those Third Party Services might share information about you with us. What gets shown to us is determined by their privacy policies.User Content:
By default, all sharing through the Services is public, and when you provide us with content it is published so that anyone can view it. Content published and shared publicly is accessible to everyone, including search engines. In addition, information shared publicly may be copied and shared throughout the Internet, including through actions or features native to the Services, such as Sharing, Resharing, forwarding, etc.
At its core, Wowfie is a public platform. Don’t be afraid to share amazing things, but do understand that it can be hard to completely remove things from the internet once they’ve been shared or reshared a few times.Native Actions:
The Services allow you to perform native actions that are integral to our products, such as uploading User Content such as images to get cutout. Additionally, there are other native actions like cropping, transforming images, modifying images, selecting background images, etc and we may use information about native actions to improve the Services, develop new Services, and, particularly, to personalize your Services experience. Personalization using this information may include presenting you with new features, sections, posts or categories relevant to what you’ve liked or done, providing you with better experience, and showing you advertising more relevant to your interests. When you share information or content like images, etc via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.Information About User Content:
In some cases, we may collect information about content you provide to the Services. For example, for the images that you upload to/via our Platform for creating cutouts or for other purposes, we may collect information describing your camera, camera settings, or EXIF information.This information allows us to improve the Services and provide additional features and functionality.Camera and Photos
Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent. Similarly, find below the list of most permissions that are required for the Platform to function efficiently. We seek your consent for the following permissions.Permissions Requested:
Precise location (GPS and network-based)
- We use this permission to make sure that photos clicked by the Platform camera will have location tags and can be used for location based filtering .
Photos / Media / Files: read, modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
- We use this permission so that you can save new images to your SD card.
Camera: take pictures and videos
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to take pictures.
Microphone: record audio
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to use camera for recording video as it is one of the feature of the camera.
View Wi-Fi connections
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to ensure that the Wi-Fi connected have internet connectivity.
Receive data from Internet
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission since we fetch the data from remote server and we need this permission in order to make connection to the server.
View network connections
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to monitor the network/internet connectivity.
Change network connectivity
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to ensure the application have internet connectivity in order the send the data to the remote server and receive the data from remote the server.
Connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to monitor the network connectivity.
Full network access
- We use this permission because the Platform needs this permission to send and receive the data to and from the remote server and internet connectivity is needed for the same.
Run at startup
- We use this permission to enable the Platform to run at startup to provide users with services.
Prevent device from sleeping
- We use this permission to ensure that user shouldn't face any disturbance like screen lock while exploring the Platform and performing native actions like image creation, editing, etc.
Information Related to Use of the Services:
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application or other Internet service, certain information is almost always created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our Services. We collect information about how people use the Services, including those with an Account. This type of information may be collected in our log files each time you interact with (i.e., make a request to) the Services. We use internal tools and third party applications and services (like Google Analytics, etc) to collect and analyze this information. Some of this information may also be associated with the Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”) used to access the Services; some may be connected with your Account; and some may only be collected and used in aggregate form (as a statistical measure that wouldn’t identify you or your Account). We also collect your IP Address when you perform any native action on our app that may make a request to our server. We may use this information about how you and others interact with the Services for a number of things generally related to enhancing, improving, protecting, and developing new Services, including but not limited to: providing users with personalized content; providing users with targeted advertising; improving our search results; identifying trending or popular content; fighting spam, malware, identity theft and generally keeping our users and community safe; and for legal and safety reasons as set forth in “Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others.” We use information about how you interact with the Services in order to personalize it for you, to keep both you and our community safe from harm, and to improve the Services for everyone who uses it.Information Related to Your Web Browser:
We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, such as your browser type and version, what sort of device you are using, your operating system and version, your language preference, the website or service that referred you to the Services, the date and time of each request you make to the Services, your screen display information, and information from any cookies we have placed on your web browser (as described below). We also sometimes detect whether you are using certain web browser extensions and store that information in a manner associated with your Account. We use web browser-related information to enhance and improve the Services.Location Information:
In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP Address into a rough geolocation. We may also ask you to provide information about your location, for example to use your geolocation information from your mobile device to geotag a post. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, your IP address, etc. We may use location information to improve and personalize the Services for you, for example by showing you relevant local content.Information Related to Your Mobile Device:
We may collect and store information related to your mobile device. We may in the future also ask you to provide your phone number to enable new products and improve the Services, such as for creating User Account and enabling multi-factor authentication for Account login.Information Collected Using Cookies:
A cookie, also known as a web cookie, browser cookie, and HTTP cookie, is a piece of text stored by a user's web browser.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us if you fill in a contact form or email us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies, and delete existing ones. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The help section of your chosen browser or it’s accompanying website will provide instructions on how to accept, decline and delete cookies.
Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, however, as some functionality like login, etc may not work.Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
- We use Admob (Adsense) as a Monetization partner. Admob show advertisements that are relevant to you.
- Details about Admob:- https://support.google.com/admob/answer/1620064?hl=en&ref_topic=2745287 & https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6128543?hl=en
- We use Facebook Audience Network as a Monetization partner. Facebook Audience Network show advertisements that are relevant to you.
- Details about Facebook Audience Network - https://developers.facebook.com/products/audience-network/overview/ & https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update/printable
How we Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:Information Shared with the Public Through the Services:
As noted in “User Content” and “Native Actions,” above, by default, content published through the Services and many actions you take on the Services are shared with the public. Because this kind of information can be seen by anyone and may be indexed by search engines, you should be careful about what you choose to disclose publicly and make sure it’s information you want to share with everyone.
The content you create on the Services is, by default, public. This means that anyone can see it, and that search engines can index it.User Consent or Direction:
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account.Information You Share with Third Party Services:
In some cases, we share information that we store (such as IP Addresses) with third parties, such as service providers, consultants, and other agents (collectively "Agents"), for the purposes of operating, enhancing, and improving the Services, and developing new products and services. For example, we may share information with service providers in order to fight spam, and third-party consultants may have access to information in the process of improving our processes and technology. Agents with whom we share such information for these reasons are generally bound by confidentiality obligations and, unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use information we share with them beyond the scope and duration of what is necessary to assist us.Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell business assets. In these transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
IIf you ask us to release information that we have about your Account, we will do so if reasonable and not unduly burdensome.To Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf:
We may contract with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to marketing assistance, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and data analysis. We require any third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information disclosed to them and are not permitted to use your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide services to Wowfie.Information Shared with Other Third Parties:
We may share or disclose non-private information, Aggregate Information, or other non-personally identifying information with people and entities that we do business with.The Security of Your Information
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store data. We seek to protect your information (including your Account Information) to ensure that it is kept private; However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We can't guarantee the security of any information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.Storage Of Your Account Information & User Content
We respect the privacy of every individual who uses our Services. We collect certain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us from third party platforms (including Facebook & Google, or any other third party applications listed on the Wowfie Services from time to time).
When you register or link up a social account, we may access and store your name, email address, user name, profile picture and other information based on the permission your provide.
Your data usage, sharing & retention
- We do not use platform data to make decisions based on people's race, ethnicity, status, color, nationality, origin, religion, age, factor, sexual orientation, gender, disability, medical or genetic conditions.
- No, we do not use platform data to make decisions about housing, employment, insurance, education, opportunities, credit, government benefits or immigration status.
- No, we do not use platform data for activities related to surveillance that includes the processing of platform data about people, groups or law enforcement or national security purposes
- No, we do not share platform data that we received through you with another person or business.
- We take very minimal data from Facebook & Google, or any other third party applications listed on the Wowfie Services from time to time, mainly for allowing login functionality in our app. This information is the bare minimal and as such it is not unnecessary until the user is using the app, this basic data is necessary to give him our app experience.
- We delete platform data whenever:
- Platform data is no longer necessary
- When requested by a user
- When a user delete the account associated with our app
- When requested by Google or Facebook
- When required by law or regulation
What Information You Can Access
If you are a registered user, you can access most information associated with your Account by logging into the Services and checking your Account Settings page. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.Our Policy Towards Children
This Services is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Services at any time. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children under the age of 13, we will use reasonable efforts to erase such information from our records.How to Delete Your Data or Account and What Happens When Your Account is Deleted?
You can remove or delete your content and/or account at any point of time. It can be really hard to delete something once it goes out onto the internet, so be sure you’re only publishing stuff that you’re certain you want to publish. When you delete your account, all the data gets deleted immediately & permanently that is associated with your account or things that you have posted, such as your profile data, photos, creations, etc., along with their social login platform data (your name, email address, user name, profile picture and other information based on the permission your provided).
Once deleted you won't be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted.How to Delete the Content you have posted?
Follow the steps below to delete your creations or requests:
- Step 1. Open your Wowfie App and log-in into your account with your credentials.
- Step 2. Open your Profile.
- Step 3. Now go to Wowfie Tab (to delete creations created by you) or Request Tab (to delete request added by you).
- Step 4. Click on the Triple dot on top left of each request or creation that you wish to delete.
- Step 5. Select Delete Request or Delete Creation.
- Step 6. Now finally, click on "DELETE" to confirm that you permanently want to delete your content.
Option 1) Delete from Wowfie Account
Follow the steps below to delete your account manually:
- Step 1. Open your Wowfie App and log-in into your account with your credentials.
- Step 2. Click on Navigation Menu on top left.
- Step 3. Go To settings.
- Step 4. Click on Triple dot on top right.
- Step 5. Select "Delete Account" option.
- Step 6. Now finally, click on "DELETE ACCOUNT" to confirm that you permanently want to delete your account.
You can also do so by emailing us and providing proof of authority over the Account. What constitutes "proof of authority" will vary depending on the circumstances, but generally will require sufficient identifying information so that we can be confident you are the Account owner.
Follow the steps below to send an email:
- Step 1. Open your email application or Contact Us.
- Step 2. Compose an email and enter the email address email@example.com
- Step 3. On Subject/Title Type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY WOWFIE ACCOUNT”.
- Step 4. Now write an email requesting to delete your account and to remove all your information/content, if any.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, send us a detailed message.
Last Updated: 19th October 2021